Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Cairns Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Cairns Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Cairns Airport.
Cairns is a popular tourist city located in the Australian state of Queensland, with close proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, one of Australia’s most famous landmarks.
Because of its hot and sunny climate, the city is becoming increasingly popular with foreign visitors, possibly seeking a quieter vacation than those experienced in the likes of Perth and Sydney.
The city offers a vibrant, yet understated nightlife, as well as stunning coastal views and picturesque beaches, with glorious mountain ranges overlooking the city.
One of Australia’s best-kept secrets, Cairns is a wonderful tourist destination with numerous local attractions targeted at families of all ages.
Arriving Cairns Airport
Cairns Airport is the primary airport serving the city of Cairns in the Australian state of Queensland. Located only 3km from downtown Cairns, taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be found incredibly cheap from just outside the airport.
The airport is growing in popularity and traffic volumes year on year, yet it retains an unhurried atmosphere and procedures such as check in, customs and baggage collection are dealt with extremely efficiently by the well-trained and incredibly helpful airport staff.
The airport also offers a wide range of dining and shopping outlets, along with well-kept public facilities and free wi-fi access.
Driving In Cairns
With its long and open spaced highways that Australia is famous for, Cairns offers stunning scenery and coastal views while you undertake your journey.
Not as busy as other Australian cities, traffic levels only tend to increase during peak-traffic hours. Providing that you avoid the city centre at these times, you should avoid most of the traffic congestion throughout your stay.
Cairns also boasts an excellent and extremely good value for money public transport system and you would be advised to use this in order to visit the local attractions.
Car parks are generally provided at an affordable rate, and many are securely guarded at all times, giving you additional peace of mind if you decide to use the bus to navigate to the attractions.
Cairns Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Australia, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Australian cars drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Cairns
- Cairns Tropical Zoo – Filled with tropical, rare and exotic animals, Cairns Zoo is a fun-filled day out for the whole family.
- Reef Magic Cruises – Stunning boat tours along the Australian coast, with a team of vastly experienced guides.
- Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures – A tour around the Cairns swamps and lakes in search of crocodiles and alligators. You’ll need to be brave to undertake this fascinating attraction.
Restaurants In Cairns
- Bang And Grind – 8/14 Spence St, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia
- Snoogies – Main Street Arcade, (Between Lake St and Grafton St), Cairns, Queensland, Australia
- C’est Bon – Shop 50-54, village lane (Behind pullman international hotel), 20 Lake Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia