Check the car rental reviews for Car Rental Ballina Airport, then take time to make car hire comparison and book a holiday car hire at an unbeatable price! Ballina, Australia, here we come!
Do You Need Car Rental Ballina Airport?
See the offers on website AirportCarRental365.com in order to get access to the finest car hire deals and enjoy your trip to Ballina in Australia. Let us know your arrival and departure dates and we will offer you a great vehicle rental at Ballina Airport!
Ballina is a beautiful and well-organized city in the region of Northern Rivers, in New South Wales area in Australia. Established back in 1840s, the town of Ballina is set on the most easterly point of the continent. It is some 600 m away north of Sydney and around 190 km south of Brisbane. Ballina is a coastal town with good connection to the Pacific Highway. The area is rich in marine wildlife, and has various options for water sports and recreational fishing.
Arriving at Ballina Airport
Ballina Airport is the major airport in the area, serving Lismore and Byron Bay as well. It provides transport links with the cities of Sydney and Melbourne, as well as Newcastle, thanks to the flights of Virgin Australia, Regional Express Airlines, Jetstar Airways, etc.
Ballina Airport is situated in Southern Cross Drive, placed 5 km from the central area of Ballina. It is approximately30 min drive to Lismore and 20 min drive from Byron Bay. With the aim to attract more visitors, in 2005 Ballina Airport was renamed Ballina Byron.
Travelers can reach the center of Ballina by the available public transport, as well as by the airport shuttle and airport rentals services. The organization of car reservation is possible in advance as well through the website airportcarrental365 which also secures car rental insurance.
Driving in Ballina
Driving in Ballina area is done according to the Australian rules. The drivers should have a valid driving license or an international driving permit in order to get an auto hire. The usage of seat belts is compulsory for both the driver and the passengers. Naturally, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is forbidden.
The driving in Ballina can sometimes be congested, especially around the central business area during the peak times of the day.
Things to Do & See in Ballina
The town of Ballina is located approximately two hour flight from Melbourne and features a wonderful and relaxed beachside atmosphere. It comes with a coastline of 32 km sandy beaches, beautiful streams and crystal water, lakes, etc. Here are presented some of the must see places in the area of Ballina, where they all are easily reached though the available holiday car hire:
- Ballina Adventure Park – a park with sporting clubs, paintball games, as well as skirmish paintball games.
- Ballina Golf & Sports Club – featuring lush greenery, a large golf course, a restaurant and a sports club.
- Ballina Manor – that is a nice historical attraction that could be seen on a free guided tour. The visitors are welcome to see the North Coast Girls College dining room, antiques from the period, photo exhibition, historical documentation and artefacts.
- Ballina Naval and Maritime Museum with displays of Port of Ballina, a working triple expansion steam engine, a guided tour, a souvenir shop.
- Ballina Pool and Waterslides – that is a great sparkling pool with tropical surroundings placed near Richmond River. It has huge waterslides.
- Macadamia Castle – a major landmark with quality café, rich animal park with native creatures, birds and reptiles. There is also a BBQ area, a picnic zone, mini golf, and even an adventure tree house.
- Sea Silks Gallery – great gallery that features the work of the best local silk and glass artists. Here are to be seen vivid hand painted silks and environmental children’s books of the underwater world.
- Ballina is a wonderful destination for holidaying and relaxation, for staying close to nature and thus for practicing different sports.