Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Adelaide Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Adelaide Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Adelaide Airport.
Adelaide is the capital city of the Australian state of Southern Australia, and is the 5th largest and most populous city in the country.
Stunning architecture, glorious beaches and picturesque coastal views are among Adelaide’s tourist highlights, along with one of Australia’s most vibrant and diverse nightlife scenes.
With its hot and dry Australian climate, Adelaide is an extremely popular destination for foreign tourists, rivalling cities such as Sydney and Perth in terms of yearly tourist visitors.
With a host of tourist attractions already to its name, Adelaide shows no signs of resting on its laurels, and is already planning to drastically increase the cultural outreach of the city.
Arriving Adelaide Airport
Adelaide Airport is the primary airport serving Adelaide and is the 5th largest and busiest airport in Australia. It is widely acknowledged as being one of the world’s top 5 airports and is located approximately 6km from the city centre.
Taxi cabs from the airport to downtown Adelaide are likely to charge around $10-$15 for the journey.
The size and busyness of the airport dictates that there is a huge volume of traffic passing through the terminals on a daily basis, although in keeping with the airports fine reputation, procedures such as check in, customs and baggage collection are dealt with extremely efficiently and all queues tend to move very swiftly throughout the day.
Public facilities in the airport are numerous, with plenty of dining and shopping opportunities available, as well as free wi-fi access for all visitors.
Car rental queues are also among the lowest in Australia and once you have arrived through baggage collection, it shouldn’t be too long before you are leaving the airport and starting your vacation.
Driving In Adelaide
Despite the long, open spaced highways that much of Australia is famous for, high traffic levels in Adelaide can make driving in the city quite a daunting task for first-time drivers, particularly during business hours when the city centre can almost reach gridlock status.
Be sure to avoid the city centre at peak-traffic hours, or there is every chance you will be caught up in the chaos.
You may also find it both easier and cheaper to park in one of the city’s many modern car park facilities, and use the city’s excellent public transport system to visit the local attractions.
Car parks are generally provided at an affordable rate for a full day’s parking, and many are securely guarded at all times.
Adelaide Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Australia, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Australian cars drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Adelaide
- Cleland Wildlife Park – A stunning natural park filled with some of Australia’s most distinctive wildlife.
- Taste The Barossa – Strictly for adults only – this is Adelaide’s most popular wine-tasting attraction.
- Adelaide Zoo – With thousands of animals, birds and sealife, Adelaide Zoo is one of Australia’s largest and most highly visited zoos.
Restaurants In Adelaide
- Orana – 285 Rundle Street, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- The Playford Restaurant – 120 North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
- Georges On Waymouth – 20 Waymouth St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia