Car Hire Australia
Heading on a trip to Australia? Check the car rental coupons for various destinations in this beautiful country! Organize your car booking now to get the best price!
Known for its wide open spaces, incredible nature with deserts, beaches and natural wonders, Australia is among the dream destinations for many travelers. The country is highly urbanized, with several very large cities including the cities of Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth where are to be found many attractions and landmarks.
Australia is the sixth largest country on earth, bordered by the Indian Ocean and the South Pacific Ocean, the Tasman Sea and the Coral Sea. The country is neighboring New Zealand, East Timor, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea. Great deal of the population in Australia is concentrated on the south-eastern and eastern coasts of the country in the states of New South Wales and Victoria, while great parts of the inland areas are semi-arid.
are serious. The most comfortable way to explore the country is by checking the offers of the car rental companies. As the distances in the country are so vast and the landmarks are so far from one another, checking the car rental deals seems the best strategy.
The climate of Australia varies, even if almost the entire territory of Australia gets 3000 hours of sunshine per year. In general, the north is hot and tropical, while the south has temperate and sub-tropical climate. The maximum temperatures during the month usually do not drop below 30°C, while the temperatures during the night are around 15-20°C. In some of the southern regions the temperatures drop below freezing during the winter.
Australia is a country with multicultural population, as many Australians have been born outside Australia and others have at least one foreign parent. The three largest cities – Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are the examples for multicultural society. In fact, each of the large Australian cities reflects the immigration wave from Asia, Europe, the Pacific and the Middle East that happened after the Second World War. At the same time almost half a million Australians identify themselves as of Aboriginal descent.
The biggest cities of Australia
Australia is divided into seven main regions with the state New South Wales being the most populous one. Several islands are also part of the territory of the country. The biggest cities of Australia include:
• Canberra – this is the national capital of Australia, which is purpose built.
• Adelaide – this is the wine capital of the world, a very pleasant place to visit and center for festivals. To reach the city, check the available car rental deals.
• Brisbane – this city is the base for exploring the marvelous sandy beaches of Australia. It has many multicultural urban villages. Travelers welcome to see the advantage rental car deals here or use the Car Rental services here.
• Cairns – this is a gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree National Park, Port Douglas, and numerous beaches and resorts. Car reservation is easily organized on site or online in advance.
• Darwin – that is the tropical northern capital.
• Sydney – that is the oldest and largest city in the country, with a picturesque harbor with Sydney Bridge. It is a center of art, culture, architecture and history. Car Rental at the airport in Sydney offered here.
• Melbourne – this lovely city is the second largest settlement in the country, regarded as the most European city in Australia. It is a center of art. One can organize the auto hire from the Melbourne city heap car rentals.
• Perth – it is the most remote city on the continent and on Earth, placed on the south-western edge of Western Australia. It is known for its wine and food, gems, pearls and precious metals. Check the Perth Airport auto hire here.
Have you made your National Car Rental already? Getting an auto from Car Rental location or from Airport terminal is also a good option. If heading towards New South Wales, then car rental coupons at Ballina Airport are the answer.
Driving in the Australia
Australia is a sparsely populated country and often people travel for many hours to reach one destination or another. The Australian maps come with street directions, distances specified in kilometers, and GPS coordinates.
The country has a well-organized road and highway system and the car rental services are widely used. The state capitals are linked to one another with dual-lane roads and highways of good quality. The bridges and roads that are set outside the urban areas of Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane are free of tolls.
The driving in Australia is on the left and travelers who plan to get an automobile rental should be aware of that. In general, the overseas licenses are valid for driving on the roads of Australia. In case the license is not in English, then an International Driving Permit is needed.
The traffic in the main cities of Australia can be congested, so driving around or in the Central Business District during peak times or on freeways on long weekends is not a good idea.
Travel Time Information
Since the country has low density of the population and long driving hours, travelers that plan to book an automobile rental should know that there is no cellular coverage outside the major highways and should be aware of the travel times:
• Sydney to Canberra: 3.5 hours
• Adelaide to Melbourne: 8-10 hours
• Melbourne to Sydney: 9-10 hours
• Brisbane to Sydney: 12-13 hours
• Brisbane to Melbourne: 19-20 hours
• Brisbane to Cairns: 22-24 hours
• Perth to Adelaide: 32 hours
• Melbourne to Perth: 40 hours
• Perth to Sydney: 45 hours
Car rental tips (insider tips)
All large cities of Australia have office of major car rental companies that offer a wide choice of rental vehicles. Some of the international companies operating on the territory of Australia include Hertz car rental, Avis car rental, Thrifty car rental, etc. Travelers have a great choice of economy car rental options. The cheapest cars that can be hired are manual, with a stick shift.
Since Australia is such a vast country, it has plenty of interesting sites and locations. Some of the must see places include:
• Blue Mountains – that is a mountainous region in New South Wales.
• Great Barrier Reef – placed off the coast of Queensland with easily accessible from Cairns.
• Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast – the location of the beachside and national park playgrounds north and south of Brisbane.
• Dandenong Ranges – beautiful ranges with marvelous gardens and picturesque villages below Mt. Dandenong
• Great Ocean Road – for a spectacular coastal drive with the economy car rental in Victoria past many scenic icons.
• Kakadu National Park – outback adventure travel, with aboriginal culture and nature activities in the Northern Territory.
• Nitmiluk National Park – with the Katherine Gorge.
• Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park – with the Uluru and Kata Tjuta iconic rock formations in the Red Centre.
• Watarrka National Park – with the Kings Canyon, reaching a depth of 270 meters.
Did you know?
• There are 20 million people in Australia and 150 million sheep.
• The city of Perth has more cafes per person than any other city on the globe.
• The Great Barrier Reef has a mailbox
• Melbourne and Sydney could not agree which city to be the capital of Australia, so a new capital called Canberra was built in the middle.